The Instituto Español de Oceanografía (Spanish Institute of Oceanography ), IEO, is a public research organization, with a variety of activities.
• Conducting oceanographic research.
• Advising the Spanish government on its oceanographic and fishing policies.
• Representing Spain in international oceanography and fishing organisations.
• Promoting co-operation in marine research at the regional, national and international levels.
• Training oceanographers and disseminating oceanographic knowlegde
The IEO researches into the marine resources in general, problems related to oceanography and the contamination of the sea environment and its products. By doing this, the Institute tries to orient its research in such a way that the results may serve as support to the advisers and offer concrete answers to the Public Administration with reference to the sea, the rational use and protection of it. Due to the fact that it is a State Institution, the IEO represents the Spanish Government before international oceanographic organisations and commissions.
The Norwegian Pelagic Fishing Course in Week 48 Norway
Herring fishing in the north with good luck, and better collection of North Sea herring.
As expected, there was a modest quantity with a total of 7,800 tonnes for the whole week. Apar...
Brazilian tilapia market Brazil
Super grains harvest and weather patterns influence the market
Amid a bumper harvest of grains this year, tilapia farmers and natives turn their attention to the delicate balance between su...
Copyright 1995 - 2023 Seafood Media Group Ltd.| All Rights Reserved. DISCLAIMER