Photo: Norwegian Seafood Council
This is how the new skrei campaign will be this winter
Friday, December 01, 2023, 07:00 (GMT + 9)
A brand new skrei campaign is ready for the winter season, so now there should be no doubt that the skrei is Norwegian! - In our newly developed skrei campaign, we have linked the skrei to its Norwegian origins to a much greater extent. We have intensified this message, says Sara Møllebakken, market manager for white fish at the Norwegian Seafood Council.
A brand new skrei campaign is ready for the winter season, so now there should be no doubt that the skrei is Norwegian!
- In our newly developed skrei campaign, we have linked the skrei to its Norwegian origins to a much greater extent. We have intensified this message, says Sara Møllebakken, market manager for white fish at the Norwegian Seafood Council.
The new advertising concept, which will be intensified in our skrei markets during this year's season, has been developed by the Seafood Council and advertising agency Try. The campaign must be particularly visible in Spain, Germany, Sweden and France
- The slogan "Skrei, exclusively from Norway" is central, together with tools such as the Norwegian nature, winter and the North Norwegian people. Norway is a common thread in the new films, images and advertising material.
Based on consumer insights
Since the skreien is Norwegian, and can only be found along the Norwegian coastline in the winter, there has been targeted marketing of the Norwegian delicacy for 20 years. The skreien has become increasingly popular in the European market, and is now a sought-after export item in several countries.
Møllebakken is therefore very excited about the new advertising campaign that has been developed this year, and assures that the concept is well rooted in consumer insights from the various ice cream markets.
- The challenge is that the Norwegian skrei has different positions in the different markets, so the campaign has to suit everyone, while at the same time we have to fine-tune ourselves to the different countries.
For example, skrei is already well established and a long-awaited quality product in Spain, while in France you still have to work on making skrei known.
The aim is also to make skrei an even more clearly premium product that is in season in Norway in the winter. Quality, sustainability and taste experience are essential in the communication.
- We have tested the campaign films on consumers in the various markets, and the feedback is very good. We manage to the greatest extent to convey that the skreien is Norwegian, and the campaign also triggers increased consumption, says Møllebakken.
Large catchment area
The campaign is primarily aimed at consumers, but will also attract the attention of importers, wholesalers, the hotel, restaurant and catering industry, grocery stores and chefs. Point of sale material has also been developed, which is very popular in grocery stores across the market.
- In summary, we have created an extensive campaign with material consisting of everything from recipe photos to nature photos. We have also emphasized the storytelling, because the story is completely unique. It is very exclusive, simply "The Norwegian winter wonder", as we say in the advertising.
Cooperation with the industry
The new skrei campaign will be visible in shops, in the media, TV, social channels and online, and Møllebakken would like to collaborate even more closely with the Norwegian skrei industry. The intention is that the campaign will be used for several years to come.
- If there is anyone from the industry who wants to join this campaign, or who wants more information, then by all means contact me, says Møllebakken.
She says that much of the advertising material can be shared in the markets that have an extra advertising investment, such as Sweden, Germany, France and Spain.
Source: Norwegian Seafood Council